Monday, May 21, 2007

Stop, Drop, and SHOP!

Since my room is still "under organization," I tend to be shopping more than cropping! I stopped in the new Seattle sb store, Scrapbook Pad, for their opening day, zipped into Paper Zone (since it was right next door and everything was 15% off!), attended the Heirloom Stamp Show in Puyallup, and hit Lasting Memories and Michael's as well...all this weekend!

Okay, so I'm on shopping restriction now, but I found some GREAT things!!!

Melissa turns 18 this summer and I knew exactly what "theme" I wanted her birthday to be. (Yes, every party in my world has a theme!!) She fell in love with the black and white, bold floral that is EVERYWHERE right now and wants to incorporate that, along with her signature bright pink, into her "future" home decor. While at Paper Zone I scored some incredible wrapping paper in both hot pink and black floral print. Then found some hot pink note cards and envelopes from PZ's new Facets line, and topped it off with some Creative imaginations paper that matches perfectly found at Lasting Memories!!! I love it when a plan comes together!
What else did I find on this shopping frenzy of mine? Well, some great stamps at the show to add to my collection...my favorite being a (Studios Blackbird) Walt Disney quote, "all our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." I just HAD to have it! I got the Autumn Leaves clear "ledger stamps" set (pictured) and just had to play with them and make this little page topper right away!
At the Country Welcome booth they were selling as many unmounted stamps as you could grab with one hand for $10.00!!! What an incredible deal for a girl like me! Those long fingers have finally paid off! I filled over half a lunch sack! I have no idea how many stamps are in there, but suffice to say the few I knew I wanted and put on top of my "to grab" pile were worth almost $10 themselves! WooHoo...I love finding those kind of deals!
My trip to the show was made completely worthwhile when I had a chance to visit with Mary Jo McGraw. She is always fun to talk to, but I had an agenda this time. I wanted to feature her workspace in Creative Spaces for Papercrafters! So....it looks like I'm headed to Idaho for a little photo shoot! She said Yes!! Along with Claudine Hellmuth, Katherine Brooks, and over 30 other woman, I'm sure she will have some great organizing ideas to share with you all in my book this fall!
So today, as I'm putting all my new goodies away, cleaning and organizing some more in my studio, and working on the book....I do so with a VERY happy heart!

enjoy your fruits of your next shopping frenzy!!
-dw

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

You found some great things!
So exciting that you got those ladies to feature in your book. It's going to be so great.

adh said...

May I ask...how do you use your unmounted rubber stamps? Do you get a special tacky sheet or use a temp glue? I am trying to find one I like to use as my collection is growing and I haven't been able to use it yet.