Monday, September 17, 2007

Ahhhh...Fall!

I have been so busy lately working on the retreat house project, the book project, and spending time with my family trying to catch the final glimpses of summer that I have gotten very behind in my blogging...both writing my own and reading others (which I thoroughly enjoy!). Summer is just such a whirlwind!
I guess that is what I love most about fall. Fall lets us catch up on life. Take a deep breath and slow down our pace a bit. While the two above projects are not going to be winding down anytime soon, I will be able to feel less like a hamster on a spinning wheel trying to balance work and vacationing at the same time!

Living in Seattle I think we tend to take our sunny, summer weekends less for granted. We have to savor them because we tend to get less of them. So we speed around trying to take in every second; not wasting one sunshine filled day. And by the end of summer I begin to long for a Sunday afternoon cuddled on the couch, with a fire in the fireplace, enjoying some serious downtime!

I made a huge decision not to attend Memory Trends this week after all. I had been planning on being there to promote the book release. However, when I made the call to postpone the release of the book until CHA, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and my travel plans were eased tremendously!

Sometimes we just have to listen to that voice inside our heads telling us to slow down. So instead of coming home last night from a weekend away watching my daughter race snowmobiles (photos to come), throwing my bags together in a crazed flurry, and flying off this morning to Las Vegas, I was able to come home, enjoy cooking dinner with my hubby, and then spend time relaxing in front of our fireplace, cuddled up on the couch. Ahhhh....The arrival of fall is here!

So have fun in Vegas without me this year...I'm keeping the home fires burning instead.

While catching up on my blog reading I discovered this great quote that Stacy Julian posted....

"If the world is to be brought to order, my nation must first be changed. If my nation is to be changed, my hometown must be made over. If my hometown is to be reordered, my family must first be set right. If my family is to be regenerated, I myself must first be."
-A. Purnell Bailey

enjoy the slower pace fall offers!
-d.

No comments: