Monday, October 29, 2007

A little sampling....

By now, if you read this blog regularly, you know that I have been all-consumed with getting the new workshop house together. Now that the main decorating is nearing completion, my goal is to fill the house with as many awesome samples as we can get to inspire crafters of all kinds (scrapbookers, altered artists, stampers, quilters, etc).

If you have samples you would like to contribute (maybe you have a craft business you would like to promote) let me know! We will credit artists of all samples and we also have a community bulletin board to let crafty businesses post their cards and info on!

Here is my latest sample work...

I found this statuette/body form at TJ Maxx and instantly knew I HAD to have her so I could alter her! After deciding she belonged in the Diva Room, I set off to create her new look with paper from Creative Imaginations (mostly from the Anthology collection) and a few other scraps. She already had the strings of pearls and the tulle skirting so all I had to do was re-cover her main bodice. Fun, fun fun!!!

I also added a little fluff to a door mirror to hang horizontally behind the statuette and bookshelf in the Diva Room. While I hate to admit I have no idea who makes this product (I'll try and find it and update the post), I knew it was just the touch this mirror needed...along with fun rub-on words which are still being added all along the top and bottom edges!
This self-adhesive, fuzzy, die cut embellishment (usually found in the ribbon dept.) is a bit hard to work with , but the result is soooooo awesome it is worth the extra effort!
I'll post another photo when it is done and hung on the wall!

enjoy the projects keeping you busy!
-dw

No comments: