Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Doughnut Day (tomorrow)!

What kind of friend would I be if I didn't share news as cool as this?!Seems like lately there is a day dedicated to just about EVERYTHING and anything! Well, here is one we all can enjoy celebrating. And remember, you can check Points for Krispy Kreme doughnuts online. Just because we are living healthier doesn't mean we can't indulge a little now and then!

Krispy Kreme Original Glazed 200 cal/5
Chocolate Iced Glazed 250 cal/6
Chocolate Iced w/Sprinkles 260 cal/6
Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled 350 cal/8.5
Chocolate Iced Custard Filled 300 cal/7.5
Glazed Raspberry Filled 300 cal/ 7.5
Glazed Cruller 240 cal/6

I have seen many different sites listing Points for restaurants, but Dotti's is more comprehensive than anything I have seen before. And while Dotti's Weight Loss Zone shows my beloved chocolate creme filled doughnut coming in 2.5 Points higher than the previous site I found (for a total of 8.5), I tend to believe it is true. All that yummy goodness for only 6 Points was hard to believe! It looks like I'll have to settle for a plain doughnut from now on. Dotti's site lists over 570 restaurants including ones in Canada!

Speaking of restaurants, I'm heading out with the girls next week to see Sex and the City: The Movie and of course, we're meeting for dinner first. Yea!

Following my excitement about the fun night ahead, I felt a short wave of panic. Out to eat?...in the middle of the week? I have vowed to be very dedicated during the week and now I'm faced with movie popcorn (which I LOVE) and dinner at Applebee's? Augh!

Strategic options bounced through my head: I could say I had to work late and skip dinner, but then I'd miss the "visiting" part too. Scratch that. I can take my own 100 calories popcorn (only 2 Points a bag) with me to the movies. Yea, that will work, and I'll save money. I'll slip in a can of coke too, so I'm not tempted to drink more than 2 Points worth. Movie sodas are so huge! I'll cut back on lunch so I can save up a few extra Points for the end of the day. Okay, now what to order at Applebee's? I'll skip the Coke there and opt for water. I can check out the Points guides online so I know beforehand what to order. (Won't be necessary this time as Applebee's has Points values listed in their menus - how cool are they?!) Awesome. I'm set! With a little advance planning I can still get out with the girls and not completely sabotage my healthy living plan (known to some as a diet). Bring on the fun!!!!

Here are some of the options we'll have at Applebees:

Italian Chicken & Portobello Sandwich: 7 points/360 calories
Steak & Portobellos: 7 points/330 calories
Southwest Cobb Salad: 9 points/440 calories
Grilled Shrimp Skewer Salad: 4 points/210 calories
Confetti Chicken: 7 points/370 calorie
Onion Soup Au Gratin: 3 points/150 calories
Teriyaki Steak 'N Shrimp Skewers: 7 points/370 calories (I think this will be my pick!)
Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake: 4 points/230 calories

(Mmmm.... sounds better than the doughnut!!!)

enjoy the multitude of options we have in life!
-d.

No comments: