Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How I welcomed in the Chinese New Year!

Working for a publishing company specializing in educational materials for acupuncture clinics, you think I'd be an old pro at acupuncture treatments! But up until yesterday...I'd never even had one!
Desperate for a remedy to hours of dizziness, I made the call. I was a bit nervous to try it out, but also curious and excited to experience it first hand. Turning to a doctor I trusted completely (my boss) I knew I'd be in great hands.
It was not at all what I expected. The pokes were lighter than I had imagined and the peacefulness as I laid there was a welcome change. It was not painful in any way and I found it hard to believe that they even call what they use needles! They are so thin I could not even feel them being taken out. I only knew they were there by the slight feeling of pressure they produced.
So the question most have asked..."Did it work?" Yes, I am happy to report that it did. While I don't know exactly what was causing the dizziness (stress or ear issues most likely), I was happy to have the feeling alieviated.
I'm a believer!

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

enjoy discovering new ways to look at things,
-d.

No comments: