Thursday, January 7, 2010

I could do that!

I once saw a cute little phrase posted at a craft bazaar and it has always stayed with me....
"Of course you could make it yourself, but will you?!"

I often hear those words in my head as I gather inspiration from retail stores, decor catalogs, and websites. And truth be told, my collection of ideas FAR surpasses my list of completed copy-cat projects, but I find comfort in the belief that many will someday reach completion!

I get a LOT of decor catalogs delivered to me. I receive a TON of advertising e-mails. I do this so I can constantly be inspired. Many of my decorating successes are due largely to the creative sparks set off by advertisers. Among my favorite sources.....Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, and Ballard Designs.

I saw this adorable Valentine pillow from Ballard Designs (the one with the number 2 applique) and immediately thought, "I could make that!"

A pretty bold statement given that I am not a sewer! So, for myself and all the other sewing challenged artists out there, I also found this fabulous blog showing easy-to-follow instructions for making pillows!

enjoy the process of making it yourself!
-d.


I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Author Unknown

No comments: