Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year...New Word!

2009 brought a lot of change to my life. Some loss. Some gain. Some scary things. Some sad things. And, yes, some happy things too. For me, it was a true celebration to see 2009 come to an end.

But now that 2009 is wrapped up and put away, it's time to focus on the year ahead! And you know what that means....
It's time to select a new Word of the Year.

For those of you not familiar with the word of the Year, here is an excerpt from last year's blog entry:
Every year I, along with millions of other scrapbookers, select a word to focus on throughout the coming year. A word that embodies how I feel, what my goals are, and what I strive to accomplish in my life. It is different for everyone. There really are no rules of selection other than it should motivate and inspire YOU. And like most goals, you are asked to write it down, keep it in sight, and weave it into your life throughout the months ahead.

I have a few words rattling around in my brain, but I haven't made a final decision yet. I have, however, stumbled on an incredible idea to keep our 2010 words in the forefront of our minds and daily living.

I wish I could say I thought of it, but I didn't. The credit goes to Pottery Barn's Clay Ide.He orders personalized doormats from Williams Sonoma and instead of using a last name, he personalizes it with a word of meaning. What better way to stay connected to this year's word than to see it every time you cross your threshold?!

enjoy the possibilities of a fresh, new year!
-d.

For more ideas on honoring your Word, read Ali Edwards' blog entry HERE.

No comments: