Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What happened to Tuesday?

Some days just go by in a flash! While it was supposed to be my first "Tackle It" Tuesday, life kind of got in the way. I did get things done...just not the BIG, waiting to be tackled, things! We can organize and plan only so much of our day before the greater plan throws us a curve ball. And it is in that second our character is defined.

When a friend needs you, you try your best to help out. When your child needs you, however, you go anywhere, do anything, stop everything...to make their world better. So when the call came, I re-routed my day and went to lunch with my daughter. Now lunch may not seem like a big deal. I mean I had to eat anyway right?! But when teenage love goes awry, potstickers and soup are just the ticket to pour out one's heartache over. She's a senior with (may I brag for just a second?!!!) a 3.8 gpa so I let her take an extra long lunch and vent.
I love my time with her. She is growing up so fast and I am trying to take in as much as I can before things change. She will start college in the fall, and even though it is local, it is only a matter of time before she spreads her wings and moves out on her own. I am consoled though by her lack of cooking experience...pretty much a guarantee she will be around at dinnertime! LOL!
As graduation day approaches I realize more and more that tackling the BIG projects can wait another day. For in a second children are grown, and the project will still be the very same size. So I failed at my first Tackle It challenge, but I succeeded as a Mom and nothing counts more than that!

enjoy the moments life's plan throws your way....
-dw

This picture is one of her senoir portraits by Yen Lui Studios. Don't ya love those eyes?!!!

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! and I agree that time spent with her for a simple lunch to talk and listen to her vent far outweighs anything on your to-do list. I find myself looking at my life lately and wondering where time has gone. My children are growing so fast. I knopw I will be so full of regret if I don't take advantage of those little opportunities with them.
You're a great mom!