Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Road to Somewhere...

Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck.
Your profession is what you were put on earth to do.
With such passion and such intensity
that it becomes spiritual in calling.
-Vincent Van Gogh
Today's quote, found on Melody Ross' Blog, touched me and I needed to share it.
Currently working from home creating a book, I go through various emotions...
Sometimes I feel discouraged, sometimes I feel confident,
Sometimes I feel insane,
Sometimes I feel completely grounded,
Sometimes I feel incredibly lucky, sometimes I feel guilty.
Sometimes I feel driven, sometimes I feel out of control,
But I always feel
I am where I'm supposed to be.
Something inside steers me and I do not know the ultimate destination.
I am here to fulfill the journey that fate has put in motion
and as long as I stay on course, life will be its own reward.
I am on the Road to Somewhere
and I am striving to enjoy each discovery along the way.
enjoy the path you find yourself on...
-dw

3 comments:

Tracy said...

GREAT thoughts!

Colleen Schaan said...

I posted here yesterday, but I think I did something wonky! So I will post again.

I just wanted to say kudos for giving your thoughts such a stunning voice. You have hit on my very own feelings of being a stay-at-home worker.

Jolene George said...

That was wonderful!