Yes, my traditional breakfast the morning after my birthday consists of just one thing...CAKE!
Like that old episode of The Cosby Show, I feel cake contains enough breakfast ingredients to qualify as a morning meal! Flour, eggs...not much different than pancakes and scrambles eggs by the time you add the sugary syrup! And I don't eat pancakes, so CAKE it is!
I had a great birthday weekend! I enjoyed a fresh crab feast/bar-b-cue thanks to my family and friends, more cake and cupcakes than even I can eat, and lots of fun!!! My girls pampered me with flowers and a trip to the salon for a much needed pedicure (in my FAVORITE color!!!). I am such a lucky girl!!
Rog and I are heading out tomorrow to do the ultimate birthday shopping...a new-to-us 23' ski boat! Since the Seattle area seems to only have brand new Crownline boats for sale, we will be heading cross country for this little purchase! I'm not really a road-trip loving girl, but a few days of travel time with my honey and a new boat really isn't sounding too bad! Of course, I was told I wasn't allowed to pack much for this expedition, so that will be the real challenge of the trip. (I tend to be a very heavy packer!) I can do it! I think I can....I think I can...
I will be on blogging vacation for the rest of this week, but will post pictures of our new addition as soon as we return!
Random things about me that crossed my 42 year old mind today....
1. I do not like pancakes. Although I want to like them. I keep trying them, but they never taste as good as they look. The exception to the rule (because they really aren't pancakes in the American sense) are crepes and Swedish pancakes (with only butter and powered sugar)...both of which I absolutely LOVE!
2. Water is the ultimate relaxation for me. Being in it, near it....whatever! I love the water!
3. I only eat cupcakes after I break off the top and invert it (creating a sandwich)! And my girls eat them this way as well. I've created a weird family tradition I guess!
4. I don't get a discount on pedicures at the nail salon! Shouldn't I? Two less toes to work on should give me some kind of perk, right?!. It does tend to generate conversation! I meet a lot of new people, which I guess is a perk in itself.
5. I love quotes and inspirational messages. It takes only a second to take in their powerful message. They remind me to live the life to the fullest and be the person I want to be.
6. I don't mind my age. Maybe because I rarely act it! I believe we are as young as we feel! And while my body feels it more than it used to, I still get out and stay active and focus on the fun things!
7. I believe...that nothing happens by coincidence. Everyone we meet, we meet for a reason. We always need to listen to the voice inside our heads. We need to love ourselves before we can let anyone else love us. And that the only failure in life is not getting back up again after we've fallen. (I think George Washington said that.)
Some Quotes on aging...
To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent — that is to triumph over old age. -Thomas Bailey Aldrich
Old age is like climbing a mountain. You climb from ledge to ledge. The higher you get, the more tired and breathless you become, but your views become more extensive. -Ingmar Bergman
Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. -Jim Fiebig
There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. -Sophia Loren
You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. -General Douglas MacArthur
We do not stop playing because we get old; We get old because we stop playing. -Author Unknown
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -Author Unknown
enjoy the gifts in your life!