Thursday, January 24, 2008

How to Eat Yogurt...

For whatever reason, and I can think of a few obvious ones, I have never liked yogurt. I have wanted to. I fed it to my children. I thought I might change my opinion after they began creating new, cooler flavors. But, hard as I try, I just can't do it!

So today while skimming through some recipes on Food Network I clicked on a Baked Chicken recipe that sounded yummy, easy to make, and healthy (a hard combination to find)! When I read through the ingredients list I was surprised to see yogurt listed. Aha! Now, that is one way I might be able to get some yogurt into my diet. Everything is better with a little crispy, fried chicken, right?!

I noticed nutritionist and celebrity chef Ellie Krieger (whom I just discovered via the yogurt chicken recipe) has a book out. It looks very good! Maybe a trip to Borders is in order to check it out more closely and maybe even bring it home and start applying it to my overweight life!!
Small Changes, Big Results: A 12-Week Action Plan to a Better Life by Ellie Krieger and Kelly James-Enger. Has anyone already bought it? Do you recommend it? Let's hear your reviews.

Her new cookbook looks good too! The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger.

Check them both out at Amazon.
enjoy the books that help you succeed in life!
-dw

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

I JUST read a recipe this morning for a baked parmesan chicken that you soaked chicken in yogurt over night. It looked yummy!
I had to laugh at your comment about putting my scary pictures in the book. My answer would be NO WAY! LOL! By the way...did you want a picture of the wooden stamp pad holder in my room that holds 128 pads and markers? If you don't need it, it's no big deal.
How are you doing? I've been so busy, I feel out of the loop. I think about you alot though. :o) I've gotta do better abot blog reading. How is your beautiful retreat house doing?
miss you!

Anonymous said...

Greetings Deanna!! I thought what better way than this to get ahold of you.

Wondering if you are still rep'ing for Robin's Nest. Just need some stuff.

I'll be at the shop all day tomorrow, Sat, and also Sun.

Thanks in advance - Doris