Friday, January 18, 2008

T-Shirt Inspiration

While out treasure hunting this week, I scored some incredible deals and found some great sources of creative inspiration!
As I walked down an aisle of my favorite thrift store, a Paris t-shirt popped out at me. It wasn't my size, but I knew I had to have it! Before the shirt even hit the bottom of the cart I knew just what to do with it!

I have a ton of canvases at home waiting to be painted, covered, altered (used) and hung up! I knew this shirt would make a fabulous covering for the canvases and a great addition to my newly transformed, Parisian bedroom! What a score!!!!
So I thought I would share with you the first steps in the process.
I plan to adhere the shirt to the canvases with iron-on fusing and then add black satin ribbon around the edges. Add some embelleshments and a little glimmer mist for color, and viola, new wall hangings for my room!


I even salvaged the sleeves to use on some smaller canvases!

I'm soooooo excited!!! I'll post completed pics soon!

enjoy discovering inspiration everywhere around you!
-dw





No comments: