Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back in Blogland!

I have been busy, busy, busy.

I started a new job as an Office Manager at a small publishing company on Valentine's Day and have been training, learning, absorbing...and adjusting to being gone all day, every day again. I have been self-employed and doing contract work for so many years, that it is a big change to be sitting at a desk five days a week! But I am really enjoying it! And steady paychecks are an awesome perk!!!

My training is now complete and I can settle into my new position comfortably. And with a more routine schedule, I can get back to blogging again! I have missed connecting with you all through your blogs as well as my own.

In celebration of my return to the internet world, I headed for my favorite on-line store.....Pottery Barn...to check out their clearance sale. I had this little voice that kept nagging at me to open the e-mail they sent earlier this week. I am SO glad I did! I discovered an item I have been coveting for about a year and unable to get my hands on. I had checked PB sale after sale, e-bay, craigslist, etc. with no luck. But today, somehow it resurfaced on the PB Clearance site!!! WooHoo!!!! Here is what will be arriving soon and heading straight for my studio....

a 3' drawing compass!!!

While it may not excite everyone the way it excites me, I simply LOVE it! It reminds me of my first introduction to art and drawing. I loved playing with my Mom's old compass when I was little. Of course, I grew tired of merely drawing circles and went on to bigger and better things eventually, but I never see a compass without recalling that very first one, a bit rusted and aged. That compass is like a piece of my own art history.

Normally retailing at $99, it was a bit more than I could allow for my decor budget, no matter how sentimental, so I waited. Apparently too long. I never saw it appear on the clearance site it was just gone. Until today! When I scooped it up for a mere $19.99!!!!! What a great way to start the day!

enjoy the deals that you score today!

-dw

No comments: