Thursday, February 28, 2008

What I learned today....

I just read the details on Stacy Julian's new book, Photo Freedom, and I am very excited to get my hands on it! For those of us that have heaps of photos waiting to be scrapbooked (I'm talking YEARS and YEARS worth here), it could be a lifesaver! Or at the very least a great guilt-reducer! Here's the bio:

Photo Freedom: A Big Picture Approach to Organizing and Scrapbooking Your Photos by Stacy Julian

Are you tired of feeling like you’re drowning in a sea of photos that may never get scrapbooked? Stacy Julian throws you a life preserver in her new book, Photo Freedom. Teaching you the system she teaches in her successful “Library of Memories” class, Stacy gives you a “Big Picture approach” to prioritizing and organizing photos. With Stacy coaching you through this book, you’ll get those piles of photos off the computer (and out of shoeboxes) and into your scrapbooks quicker than you ever thought possible. Through Photo Freedom, you’ll gain the freedom to scrapbook the memories you wish to preserve and have fun in the process.
130 pages, $19.95

Frugalities.com (my favorite on-line sb supplier) is doing a survey...if you fill it out you save 49% off your entire order! While they don't have everything on my current wish list, it will be better than shopping at this weekend's Shop Hop and only saving 20%. Too bad they are in Washington state so I pay sales tax either way; but hey, I get faster shipping right?!

Real Simple provided this great piece of advice and I had to share! Do you throw away carrots because they are getting dry? I do. I never seem to use them up fast enough and then I end up wasting the remaining portion. Well, next time try simmering them in a small amount of water to rejuvenate them! No more wasting carrots!

AccuCut introduced black chipboard at CHA! How cool is that?! Sometimes I love the natural color but there are times I want a completely different look and this will be perfect! YEA! They also blew me away with new Maya Road dies. They cut the paper to cover/alter the Maya Road products perfectly...chipboard albums, tins, etc! I cannot wait to use these!!!! And the new convertible cards and albums dies are quite impressive too! Way to stay on top of the game AccuCut!!!!

Planning a party and need great ideas? Head to Fine Living's Party Place! It is packed with ideas, photos and recipes for throwing the ultimate get-togethers! It's awesome! Because, you all know how much I love to throw parties!


enjoy the things you learn today!
-dw

No comments: