Thursday, May 29, 2008

Healthy Living Day 1

Today's Weight Loss tips:

I found a great website with recipes that are not only low in Points, they sound really yummy! Normal foods that I will actually eat that aren't a complete hassle to make! Let's face it I'm no Paula Dean in the kitchen. I like to get in there, and get out! I plan to make the Garlic Chicken and Pasta with Asparagus soon!! They also provide eating out Points for a variety of restaurants. I still have my Weight Watchers book on fast food, but a lot of the menus have changed, so this site was a great find! They even list Krispy Kreme! My fave, the chocolate iced crème filled, comes in at 6 Points.

Geez, If only I'd have seen this sign before yesterday!

Day 1 Summary:

There is a reason the word diet starts with d-i-e.... By 7 o'clock last night I felt like I would collapse and die any second because I was so hungry (downright malnutritioned it seemed!).

I started my new "Healthy Living Plan" (aka: die-it) with a vengeance yesterday. And now looking back I may have been a little over-zealous. I was so stressed about how many Points I was eating, that I ate less than I was allowed. (The good news: I already have some in reserve for a reward this weekend!)

I was mentally prepared. I was focused. I was determined. But I forgot one really big thing! To prepare my refrigerator and pantry! Everything I picked up to eat for dinner was way over the Points I had to work with. I quickly went to the freezer to count Points on the stash in there. The Flatbread shrimp pizza sounded like a filling meal with only 14 Points. I could spare that since I was so frugal earlier in the day. But after 18 minutes and only four tiny bites it ended up in the garbage. I picked the shrimp off (very low in Points), as it's unthinkable to waste seafood then went back and forth between the the pantry and refrigerator hoping something good would miraculously appear. Something that not only would keep my numbers low, but that actually sounded appealing to eat. Grrr.... Nothing materialized, except a can of soup. And while I do enjoy soup, it's what I had taken for lunch. So today, needless to say, I'm a little souped-out.

So how did my Points factor out yesterday? Here is what I ate:

Jiffy Pop 100 Calorie Kettle Korn (entire mini-bag)............2 Points
Banana..................................................................1 Point

2 packets of Lipton Cup-a-Soup (chicken noodle)................4 Points
10 Pretzels Crisps...........................................................2 Points
Chips Ahoy 100 Calorie Crisps.............................................2 Points

A failed attempt at Shrimp Flatbread Pizza (ate 4 bites)....4 Points
Progresso Italian Wedding Soup..............................6 Points

2 Red Vines ............................................................1.5 Points
1 Can of Coke (aka: mood enhancer)..................................2 Points
Grand Total = 24.5 Points

If dinner hadn't been such a nightmare, I most likely would have skipped the licorice and Coke snack after dinner. Proving, that yes, I truly am an emotional eater!

Roger lectured me on how selecting popcorn for breakfast may have been the wrong choice as it isn't the most solid, fill-you-up kind of food, but I defended my choice with the fact that it was truly the only food I enjoyed eating all day! Today I opted for fat free wild blueberry muffins. More on that tomorrow! I'm headed back to the kitchen now to make some popcorn! LOL!

enjoy the little things that give you pleasure,
-d.

No comments: