On your next stop into Jack in the Box, ordering the Chipotle Chicken Ciabatta and medium fries will cost you 1,140 calories, while the Chicken Fajita Pita and a side salad will be only 335 calories!
Great tip: Order a regular taco instead of a small fries with your next combo and you'll save 180 calories!!!!
And here's something that Jack fans should be aware of...."Unlike many other fast food restaurants that have made the shift away from trans fats, JITB's menu has a number of items with more than 5 grams of the stuff." Come on Jack, give us a break!
And how does my favorite fast food place stack up? Here's what they had to say about McDonald's....
Surprisingly, the Quarter Pounder (without cheese) is the better option with 410 calories over the Premium Grilled Chicken Club with 570! Neither are the best choices overall, but the mayo and the bacon on the chicken burger make it the big loser. Best choice in my opinion? The 6-piece McNuggets with only 280 calories.
The book also lists foods that do great things for our bodies. Did you know...
- Raspberries contain anthocyanins which boost insulin production and lower blood sugar levels.
- Shrimp is high in vitamin B12 which aids bone density and is crucial in the generation of new cells.
- Beef, high in iron, simulates hair turnover and replenishment.
- Olive Oil contins antioxidants shown to raise HDL (good) cholesterol and reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol, making it a double potent protector against cardiovascular disease.
- Garlic can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer by 50%.
It sounds to me like I need to make a beef and prawn stir-fry for dinner and then enjoy some ice cream and respberries for dessert...all in the name of healthier living of course!
enjoy discovering the options we have to live healthier!