Monday, June 16, 2008

A Tourist in my own Hometown

With Roger's family in town visiting from Arkansas, we spent the weekend touring the local sights. Here are a few shots I captured along the way...

We headed to Vancouver, Canada to ride the gondola up Grouse Mountain (a mere 3700 feet above sea level).
Then headed to Seattle to check out our own scenic views atop the Space Needle.

Then off to the Pike Place Market to see if we could spot any Flying Fish...

(Notice the receiver behind the counter is a tourist? Now she can say she caught that fish dinner herself!!!)

Even though I was born right here in Seattle, I never tire of seeing my city full of life and energy. The blue skies and sunshine were just what we ordered and the breathtaking views and people watching opportunities never disappoint.

enjoy touring your own town now and then,
-d.

No comments: