Monday, January 24, 2011

Firecracker Seafood Marinade

We tried another new recipe from my collection....this time a marinade for salmon fillets.

I prefer my salmon simply barbequed with lemon, onion, garlic and mayo, but this was a nice variance from the everyday usual. While the recipe says to marinate for 4 hours (which I did for the salmon) I decided to add a pop of flavor to my jumbo prawns as well by giving them a "quick" coating before I sauteed them and they were delicious too.

Firecracker Salmon Marinade:

4 ounces salmon fillets
1/2 cup peanut oil
4 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame seed oil

1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp green onions (substituted 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes)
2 cloves garlic, minced (substituted 2 tsp fresh chopped garlic)
2 tsp crushed red pepper (we used 3 tsp - we like extra heat)

Add all ingredients together in flat baking dish, add fish, and marinate for at least 4 hours.

Our score: 8

enjoying new approaches to family favorites.
-dw.

No comments: