Friday, January 21, 2011

It's time to get serious!

Like sooooo many others, I have battled with my weight on and off for years. I was down to a weight I was very happy with just a year and a half ago.....then *POOF* it all came back! Yikes! So this year along with the ten other Life Goals I have put on my list, I have set a very specific weight loss goal for 2011.
I need to lose weight for many reasons. First, and most importantly, for my health. Second, for my own happiness and third, because, darn it, I have some fabulous clothes that I really want to be able to wear again!
To help reach my goal, I've decided to (unofficially) go back on the Weight Watchers Points program. I've lost 25 lbs through the program in the past and know it well enough that it takes a lot of the "work" out of dieting for me. Not too mention that there are products readily available that include WW Points on the packaging and restaurants that include WW Points on their menus. For those that don't, you can find tons of calculation websites that will give you all the Point breakdowns for many of your favorite restaurants. Even Starbucks. But be warned.....it was a rather sad day in my life when I discovered that my most favorite hot cocoa in the entire world was 8 points!!!! I'm going to have to have the baristas help me find some ways to shave off some of calories/points as I cannot bear the thought of giving up this special treat for the rest of my life! Eliminating the whipped cream removes 2 points, but I've got to make it lower than that. I'll let you know when we get it mastered!
One restaurant whose menu is very WW friendly is Applebee's. They just added brand new menu options great for the WW dieting plan! Of course, they also have great regular items on the menu that work well too. Remember to think A la Carte! You can order a side of rice and a side of skewered prawns that is both filling and low in points!

enjoy what you eat while losing weight!
-dw.

No comments: