Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love Saved the Day...

Wow! Yesterday could have been one of the worst Valentine's Days I've ever had...if it weren't for being totally, inescapably...in LOVE! While at an appointment with a customer, an hour and a half from home, my car broke down. There I was, "to do" list in hand, ready to chart off a list of accomplishments throughout the day, and suddenly I was stopped dead in my tracks! But alas, it wasn't a total loss. Being that my "customer" is a scrapbook store, I simply killed a little time shopping for supplies (something I haven't done in a long time)! After all, I have an album that I am putting together with a girlfriend to donate to the charity auction on the cruise next month, right?! Might as well get supplies for that. I can check that off the "to do" list! After shopping, it was time for some lunch so I pulled a Rachel Ray and took the advice of a local resident as to where the best food in town could be found. Wow - It was incredible!! And such a deal! I felt like I was in an episode of "$40 a-day" for a second or two! Mmm...de-lish! Now, what to do for the remaining hours until my "knight on a white horse," or rather a Dodge pick-up, could come rescue me? I decided to use the time for a little creative play. I whipped out my sketch pad (okay, so it was a pile of order blanks - whatever!) and went to town drawing! I came up with a new design line to produce for Cafe Press (all centered around Martinis!!), some logo ideas, and some sketches for a new project I've got developing. It was hard to believe I'd sat and sketched for 3 hours!!! My joints felt it, as the chill in the car was beginning to get the best of me. Just in time, my prince appeared, fixed my car and we set off for home. Our dinner ended up being served through a drive through; not the Chinese feast we had planned on, but we were together and that's all that truly mattered. I arrived home to my beautiful bouquet of two dozen roses that my husband had surprised me with and the one most precious gift I could ever ask for....the love of my life, snuggled in beside me, whispering I love you in my ear. A perfect end to very unpredictable Valentine's Day!
Enjoy the little moments that fill the glass...
-dw

No comments: