Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Viewing Room...

I have been reviewing room submissions for the book for so many hours now, my eyes are going blurry and my head is pounding! I am, however, blown away at all the terrific craftrooms out there! No wonder this industry boasts so many amazing, creative artists...they are inspired by their incredible surroundings! Or is it that the surroundings are so amazing because they are put together by such talented artists? Which ever came first...they truly are rooms worthy of a book! I am honored to be the showcaser of all this talent! A source for others to gain ideas, inspiration and encouragement from. Each and every room is such a unique reflection of the artist's style and individuality! Some rooms with a crisp, clean feel...everything put away behind doors and containers, while others utilize the "out of sight, out of mind" design...keeping colors and textures out in the open to stimulate creativity. Other rooms house heirlooms and antiques evoking wonderful sentimental journeys. There is no right or wrong way; no room that is more perfect than another. There are just rooms that serve different styles and touch different artists. I truly believe we can gleen a little something from each and every room. Something that touches the artist in us.
...I can't wait to offer this book to the world!
enjoy your day!
-dw

No comments: