Monday, June 18, 2007

Joy, Pride...and Tears.

Yeah, I cried. I cried when I first saw her standing there, dressed in graduation garb, with that music playing. I cried when she made her long walk to collect her diploma, as memories of her younger days flashed through my mind...That first scary day of kindergarten, running in her first track meet, standing on that very same track cheering on the football team. I cried because I was sooooo proud of her. I cried because she has grown into such an amazing young woman. I cried because I can't believe my baby girl isn't a baby anymore.

enjoy every minute!
-dw




2 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Congratulations to you and your lovely daughter. Now that she is grown, you can enjoy a whole new relationship with her.

Jolene George said...

I can't tell you how much I love that you appreciate every single thing. You are such a wonderful mom, which is why your beautiful daughter is such a lovely young woman. Congratulations to both of you.