I thought it was a great day to post the top ten things I am excited about or thankful for this week...
1. Discovering today that one of the room submissions we accepted for the book is from Suze Weinberg! How awesome!!! I love all the incredible things she comes up with as an artist, and I can't wait to share her creative space with all of you!
2. Having some great time with Melissa - the new graduate - now that she is out of school! Tomorrow we are totally excited about heading to our FAVORITE store for their sidewalk sale. Pottery Barn here we come!!!!
3. Having the studio all put together...finally!!! (The only missing elements now are the upper cabinets we have yet to buy.) Rog hung the cabinet doors this past weekend, and they look sooooo nice! I will share new studio pictures soon! Both before and after shots for those struggling to see the light at the end of their own organizational tunnel!
4. Having some great PR out there right now (Thanks, Craft Critique!) on the book causing a new flood of room photos to be submitted!
5. Finding a couple key people to help me get the book through it's final stages (a digital design coach and a copy editor!!!!). I am thankful to have found both these talented women!
6. I am sooooo grateful for all the amazing women that have crossed my path since the book project began. With today's technology we are able to easily create friendships all across the country without ever leaving home. While I hope to meet these great ladies in person some day as well, I am thankful now for their "virtual" presence in my days!
7. I learned that Stacy Julian will be the keynote speaker at Memory Trends this year!! I love hearing her speak and never miss an opportunity to soak up her optimism, humor and big picture outlook on life!
8. I found the cutest lawn chairs at Jo Ann Fabrics today!! I had to buy Melissa a couple to take on her camp out with friends this weekend!
9. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful. It seems every year as soon as school ends the weather turns yucky and the kids are stuck indoors. Not this year! Melissa headed to the beach and I took my notebook outdoors and "worked" from lawn chair on the patio yesterday! Gotta love working from home!
10. And as everyday, I am thankful for my family. We may not be perfect (sometimes we're downright dysfunctional), but all in all, we get through it...step by step, day by day. We laugh, we learn, and we love.
Ok...Your turn. What are YOU excited about?!
enjoy the many blessings in your week!