Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Losing to Win...

I have LOVED this season of The Biggest Loser!!! Rog and I have been inspired, we have been motivated, and most importantly, we have learned a lot about what to do to get ourselves in better shape.

We have already began eating differently, and are now planning to purchase some exercise equipment and turn the loft into a workout area. It is amazing how much weight they lost on the show -naturally - simply by changing their lifestyles and their thinking.


Check out Ali's transformation - She lost 112 lbs and became the first woman in five seasons to win The Biggest Loser title!!!

Way to go, Girl!!!

Sometimes we all need a little reminder that the only race in life we are running is with ourselves. There is no time to look back and judge where others are at in their race; for they are not racing against us. We must watch only our own steps...forever keeping our eye on the goal that lie ahead.


So I will set my own personal goal as to where I want to be, and I will race my own race. I will not compare my successes or stumbles to anyone else. I will keep my eye on the goal. And whatever the outcome, or how long the journey, I will be proud of what I accomplish. Because with weight loss the most important number is truly, the amount of years you add on to your life!

"There is no need of any competition with anybody.
You are yourself, and as you are, you are perfectly good.
Accept yourself."
-Osho

enjoy the journey as you race toward your goals!
-d.

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

I've finally had enough. I've reached my heaviest weight ever so I took very unflattering before pictures and I just started exercising 3 days ago. Plus I'm drinking tons of water. My water intake was alomst non existant before. I will not give up. I HAVE to get in shape so I feel better.
Good luck to you dear friend!